Monday, December 5, 2011

Nine Months

Nine Months

Month one, you found a special home
So tiny and so frail
Beginning life inside your dome
A mansion set to scale

Month two, you are so busy
Your heart begins to beat
You’re growing to perfection
A little face and hands and feet

Month three, you are so strong
Your body is now whole
I gaze in sheer amazement
At my first glimpse of your soul

Month four, you hear me talk to you
We begin a special bond
Not only do you grow close to me
But to you I feel so fond

Month five brings such excitement
It turns out you’re a boy!
In four months I will hold you
Your stare will be new and coy

Month six, your hair is growing
Eyebrows and eyelashes, too
Soft, white, gentle hair so fine
Is growing all over you

Month seven, I can’t believe it
You opened up your eyes
You blink your way to dreamland
And let out content sighs

Month eight, you have no worries
You suck your thumb and breathe
Your body is getting bigger
As you prepare to leave

Month nine, you are so perfect
I can’t wait to see your face
I promise to love you forever
As we have our first embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment